A long time ago, I decided to collect the most important investing and trading lessons I learned over the course of the past 15 years and save it for my son (who was only three at the time), who might someday want to try his hand at the stock market. While I can’t prevent all the expensive mistakes he will eventually have to learn himself (which I often tell people runs at least $10,000), I hoped to at least shorten the distance by sharing my thoughts and experiences.
It later occurred to me that maybe some other people might want to know this information, so after some consideration, I decided to publish my notes, and the result was Once Upon A Trade, my first book on Amazon:
1. Why you shouldn’t fight the trend
2. How stock charts signal upcoming developments
3. Where some of the biggest losses happen
4. Where some of the biggest gains happen
5. How to take advantage of an earnings surprise
6. When to buy low
7. The fair value of a stock
8. Your biggest enemy when it comes to trading
9. When to let a winner run, and when to cut a loss quickly
10. When to short a stock
11. How to reach your goals faster
12. The importance of bet size
13. The most important lesson of all
I will be updating this in the future to include new lessons and provide added perspective on the old ones. I hope you will enjoy reading it, and better yet, I hope you profit from my experiences. You can find my book here on Amazon.com.
Rainier Trinidad, CFA
San Diego and Coronado’s Fiduciary Financial Advisor
Parabolic Asset Management
206 J Avenue
Coronado, CA 92118
Investment Risk Disclaimers: (i) Investments involve risk and are not guaranteed to appreciate, and (ii) Past performance is no guarantee of future results.