Rainier Trinidad, CFA
President and Portfolio Manager of Parabolic Asset Management LLC
If you want to learn more about Rainier Trinidad, the person behind Parabolic Asset Management, please watch the two videos on the right panel. They capture the essence of the father and husband who is committed to making a positive contribution to his community.
And yes, while he looks very young, this 43-year old has over 19 years of investment management experience, spanning three bull markets and two bear markets. Rainier distinguished himself from his peers by profitably steering his hedge fund clients through the 2008 Financial Crisis (for perspective on how difficult it was to achieve this, in 2008, of the 2,800 mutual funds that Morningstar tracked, only 1 made money).
In addition, he earned the prestigious CFA designation, which is often referred to as Wall Street’s hardest exam, so he can perform at the highest level for his clients.
Professional Highlights and Community Achievements
- Hedge fund experience: co-managed a market-neutral hedge fund for 10 years that took advantage of mispricings in publicly-traded REITs. During his tenure, the $55 million hedge fund outperformed the S&P 500 and was profitable during the 2008 Financial Crisis, all while maintaining a lower risk/volatility profile.
- Portfolio manager for Wells Fargo Wealth Management, where he managed $100 million in equity and fixed income portfolios for high net worth clients. He also served as a Technology Equity Analyst, covering the Computer Hardware Industry.
- Holds the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
- Active member of the Rotary Club of Coronado (Board of Directors – International Chair 2015-2018, Rotarians At Work Chair, Low Tide Ride & Stride, Barrio Logan College Institute, Fourth of July, Rotary Wine Tasting to benefit End Polio Now, Rotary Networking Group Chair). Recipient of the Rotary Club of Coronado’s Low Tide Ride & Stride Haley-Kranz Volunteer-of-the-Year Award.
- Serving member of the Coronado Public Library Board of Trustees
- A published author on Amazon: a book about his trading experiences, Once Upon A Trade, is available for download on Amazon.
Contact Parabolic Asset Management
Know that your investments will be in good hands and will be managed by a market veteran who knows how to navigate through calm and rough waters. For increased peace of mind, contact us today for a free consultation at (619) 888-4070 or email us at email@example.com to get your financial future moving in the right direction.